Employment Law for Construction companies
We only practice Construction Law.
Labour and employment issues can arise in construction matters. Corestone Law advises and represents employers and employees looking to understand, negotiate and enforce their rights in the workplace.
We represent employees, construction companies, and contractors in all aspects of employment and labour law in Ontario, including, but not limited to:
- Jurisdictional disputes between unions
- Occupational health and safety concerns
- Collective bargaining procedure
- Unfair labour practices (strikes, lockouts)
- Judicial review of Board decisions
- Provincial employment regulations
- Employment standards, benefits, and workers’ compensation
- Arbitration as it pertains to the construction industry, including consensual mediation-arbitration
- Employment rights, pay and employment fairness
Across Canadian provinces we provide extensive experience
to our clients in
- Constructions Liens
- Constructions contracts
- Small claims
There are unique conditions regarding employment and labour law in the construction industry in Ontario. To deal appropriately with issues arising in construction matters, employers and employees require extensive experience and knowledge in both employment and construction law. You can trust that our lawyers will successfully navigate an equitable solution.
For our business clients we:
- Draft employment contracts
- Litigate discrimination claims
- Defend compensation claims
- Manage employment law disputes
We also help employees:
- Launch compensation claims
- Manage employment law disputes
The construction industry is established and structured differently than most trades. The Ontario Labour Relations Board describes it as a “unique industrial relations environment.”
- Usually, there is not a large group of employees hired by a single employer to work permanently and indefinitely in a particular location.
- Classifying employees vs. independent contractors
- Employment in the construction industry is transitory. Employees or contractors move between many projects and employers
- Projects take many different stages and need many different skills. It is a connection of parts involving owners, general contractors, management companies, subcontractors, employees, and unions.
- Employment in the construction industry is often cyclical. There is a high frequency of terminations and turn over of employees.
Ontario Labour and employment Law has complex industry-specific employment regulations that can present unique challenges in an employment situation. Corestone Law specialized experience in this subject helps our Construction clients manage and handle solutions in an efficient and decisive manner.
Our Lawyers have worked closely in various cases in the construction industry. We employ best practices to help address the issues in each case. We use mediation for arbitration and litigation support.
If you’re looking for a firm that proactively offers personalized solutions, consider the professionals at Corestone Law. For more information on how we can help you handle your legal needs, schedule a consultation, send us an email, or submit the contact form. For more information on how we can help you handle your legal needs, schedule a consultation, send us an email, or submit the contact form.